Sunday, February 6, 2011

On a new trail..

Noticed of late that there are things I identify with. Noticed that at least some of them are those that I havent been able to figure out, meaning things I cannot put into the bracket of 'seen the intricacies, know the patterns, know the width and expanse of it and so can now predict the outcomes' type. I wonder if I seek out complexities..seek them out to have my brain do the gymnastics of analyzing, studying for details, forming associations and newer synapses if that, and then seeing something new out of the whole exercise..a fresh breath of 'oxygen' in its otherwise always active processes. I used to notice that I got bored with things very fast, until one day I re-read a book out of sheer perseverence, just so I get used to monotony ..and guess what? I read another story though the book was the same, words were the same, but the story was not the same...like there were 'layers of stories' within the very words. I noticed patterns that I had never noticed..would never have noticed had I not re-read the book. After that book, I wondered if the everyday things that I had earlier dismissed as common and mundane was in fact my oversight..that maybe ordinary things like walking, breathing, everyday casual almost meaningless banter, was in fact just that or had 'layers' to them that required my closer inspection. I am now on a new trail now. Attention to details. Identifying forms. Looking for layers. Oxygen.

No comments:

Post a Comment